Wisconsin Northwest Jurisdiction/Church of God in Christ Bishop C.H. McClelland 10th Year Celebration
The Church of God in Christ in Wisconsin began in 1919, with street meetings led by Elder R. Anderson in the Hay Market off N. 6th Street. After growth under several bishops, and the Wisconsin church’s division into two jurisdictions, the Wisconsin Northwest Jurisdiction is led by Bishop Charles H. McClelland. Bishop McClelland is credited with ushering the jurisdiction into a new level of spiritual and numerical growth.