Wisconsin Center District names consulting firms for Wisconsin Center expansion
January 29, 2020
The Wisconsin Center District has named five consultant subcontractors for preconstruction work on the long-planned expansion of the Wisconsin Center convention facility in downtown Milwaukee.
The following companies have been selected for specific roles in the project:
- GRAEF, Milwaukee, for structural engineering;
- Henderson Engineers, Kansas City, for mechanical electrical and plumbing;
- William Caruso & Associates, Denver, for advice on food-service design;
- Howe Engineers, Norwell, Massachusetts, for advice on local codes;
- Kapur & Associates, Glendale, Wisconsin, for civil engineering.
The WCD is required to ensure that at least 25% of its construction spending goes to minority-owned companies, 5% to women-owned companies and 1% to veteran-owned companies. Of the firms selected thus far, Kapur & Associates is a a minority-owned business.
The WCD board announced earlier this month that had picked the contracting team of Gilbane and C.D. Smith to oversee the expansion project.